Wednesday 2 April 2008

Wolferstan Road



This photo was taken at Wolferstan Road in Melaka! Yup, I guess many would not know of this name. This is an old name of the road. I had a great time chatting with some of the shopkeepers here and getting their permissions to take their photos.

For the first person who can give me the current name of this road correctly will receive a postcard from Subang Jaya. I did a check on Google and found this name is listed there. You just need to run a search for its current name which is in Malay. Anyone care to give it a try?

4 comments:

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Hi J.C., your thumbnail on the portal caught my attention. I think this is my first visit to your blog (not sure if I've been here before) and I wanted to tell you that, after looking at several pages of your photos, I am truly impressed. Beautiful images of a very interesting city. I will come back, with more time, to read your posts and find out what's behind these wonderful images.

Cheers!

alicesg said...

It was many years since I last visited Malacca. The photo is great and colourful. Alway love the street scenes. I have a quiz in my post today too, you might like to view it. Sorry, I have no answer to your quiz. :)

jungmin said...

I searched google, many traveler's blogs, and even 'melaka.net'. But I couldn't find an answer! I'm sad to miss your postcard T_T

J.C. said...

The answer to the quiz is: Jalan Bendahara. This name has replaced Wolferstan Road. In Chinese, we always refer to this road as "Xin Lu", which means New Road. I don't know the history or reason why this name.

I will send a postcard to Jung Min of Busan Daily Photo for her effort in trying to find the answer for this quiz. Thank you, Jung Min! And also thanks to both Alice and Fenix for leaving your comments for this posting.

Cheers to all!

"Use your first smile, your first form of generosity, of love, of kindness—use it at home; start at home. And if there is something left over—if … your plate is just full of abundance of patience and goodness and smiles and joy, then by all means, you should go … and offer that to others. But we must begin at home." by Dr Robin Smith