Thursday 30 August 2012

Uncle at Jonker Walk




I love visiting Danny Santos's blog and enjoy his street photography adventures that happened frequently on Orchard Street, Singapore.  Danny's blog was featured in Eric Kim's (also a street photographer) blog.

Both Danny's & Eric's photos inspire me to approach this Uncle and ask his permission to take a photo of him when I was in Jonker Walk, Melaka last weekend.  He happily smiled for me.  I had a fun time using my friend's Canon EOS 350D camera to roam along Jonker Walk with my two little nieces. I loaned the camera to photograph my newborn niece.  Didn't want to miss capturing the first few days of arrival.

My Fujifilm Finepix S6500fd is now in the workshop.  Got a call from Fujifilm's technician today.  My camera lens need a replacement.  That would cost me RM450.  Ouch! That really hurt. Considering the camera is a good one and gave a lot of good shots for my job, I decided to go for the repair. At the same time, I have my heart on a Canon EOS 60D.  Should I get it?  Mmmm........that will burn a big hole in my pocket.  Read some reviews and most of them gave positive remarks about this camera.  Mmmm........tempting, very tempting.............

----------------------------------------------
Today is the eve of Malaysia's 55th National Day celebration.  There are plans made for 'Janji Demokrasi' gatherings for public to seek electoral reform from our government.  I hope the police will not act violently and assault public who join the gathering tonight, like what they did during Bersih 3.0.  The main one in the city will be held in Dataran Merdeka.  Personally, I have not felt patriotic in the past 3 years. I have not bothered to fly our Malaysian flag. Our government has not done much to garner support from me.  Dirty news of corruption, cronyism, injustice, high crime rates have been making headlines in our local dailies.  What have our current government done to improve on situation?  And our past Prime Minister has the cheek to make a remark "better the devil you know (the ruling party) than the angel you don't (the opposition) when it comes to casting our votes in the upcoming election. Sigh....Malaysia, where are you heading?  Would I still be smiling happily like this Uncle in today's photo if I do not stand up for my beliefs & rights?


No comments:

"Use your first smile, your first form of generosity, of love, of kindness—use it at home; start at home. And if there is something left over—if … your plate is just full of abundance of patience and goodness and smiles and joy, then by all means, you should go … and offer that to others. But we must begin at home." by Dr Robin Smith